Easy Three-Cheese Pesto Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Place crust on an ungreased 14-in. pizza pan. Spread pesto to within 1/2 in. of edges. Layer with cheeses, onion mixture, olives and tomato.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 177 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 477mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
May 31, 2020
We loved this pizza and will be adding it to our menu rotation. Changes I made: Added a sprinkle of pizza seasoning over top. Used a box mix pizza crust, substituted shredded Co-jack for the Feta cheese, used Roma tomatoes on the top and did not stir fry the onions and peppers before adding to the pizza. The crust was perfect, not soggy, the veggies crisp-tender and the pizza was superb overall. I think it would be great with some chopped cooked chicken on top as well.
Feb 26, 2017
This pizza was pretty good! Reminded me of a Greek style pizza. My only complaint is that the crust seemed to actually get a bit soggy, and wasn't crisping up at all. I used the Boboli pizza crust. The pizza was stacked high with everything it came with. Because I ran out of pesto, I actually wound up using the rest of an asparagus-pesto-cream sauce I had leftover in the fridge. I really liked the added asparagus and may try adding it next time on it's own. I'm not sure if the sogginess was due to the juicy tomatoes or the olive oil (there did seem to be a bit too much olive oil). I'd still make this again, but maybe stick it under the broiler a bit to crisp up beforehand or something.
Sep 3, 2014
Very good. Substituted a handful of cheddar-Jack cheese for the feta. Only used half the can of olives.
Sep 18, 2011
this is the absolute best pizza i've ever made. its so fast and simple. i've made it over and over again, and finally made two at a party the other night and it was a big hit!!! no joke!
Dec 30, 2009
Very good and different! Delicious!
Oct 21, 2009
It's really delicious, my husband and two son's loved it, it has that bisto taste that makes everyone ask for more
Mar 27, 2009
My family loves this recipe. It's easy and delicious. We make it on a regular basis.