- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Place crust on an ungreased 14-in. pizza pan. Spread pesto to within 1/2 in. of edges. Layer with cheeses, onion mixture, olives and tomato.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 16 slices.
Reviews forEasy Three-Cheese Pesto Pizza
"This pizza was pretty good! Reminded me of a Greek style pizza. My only complaint is that the crust seemed to actually get a bit soggy, and wasn't crisping up at all. I used the Boboli pizza crust. The pizza was stacked high with everything it came with. Because I ran out of pesto, I actually wound up using the rest of an asparagus-pesto-cream sauce I had leftover in the fridge. I really liked the added asparagus and may try adding it next time on it's own. I'm not sure if the sogginess was due to the juicy tomatoes or the olive oil (there did seem to be a bit too much olive oil). I'd still make this again, but maybe stick it under the broiler a bit to crisp up beforehand or something."
"Very good. Substituted a handful of cheddar-Jack cheese for the feta. Only used half the can of olives."
"this is the absolute best pizza i've ever made. its so fast and simple. i've made it over and over again, and finally made two at a party the other night and it was a big hit!!! no joke!"
"Very good and different! Delicious!"
"It's really delicious, my husband and two son's loved it, it has that bisto taste that makes everyone ask for more"
"My family loves this recipe. It's easy and delicious. We make it on a regular basis."