Easy Teriyaki Chicken & Brown Rice Dinner
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup lite teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups Minute® Brown Rice, uncoooked
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts (optional)
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through. Add water, teriyaki sauce and garlic powder; stir. Bring to boil. Stir in rice, broccoli and peanuts; cover. Cook on low heat 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
Editor's Note For added color and texture, add cut-up red peppers and carrots with the broccoli.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Easy Teriyaki Chicken & Brown Rice Dinner in Taste of Home Quick & Easy Spring 2010