- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 prebaked 12-inch pizza crusts
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped, optional
- 1 cup shredded lettuce, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes; set aside.
- Place crusts on ungreased pizza pans or baking sheets. Combine beans and salsa; spread over crusts. Top with beef mixture, chips and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 13-16 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomatoes and lettuce if desired. Yield: 2 pizzas (6-8 slices each).
Reviews forEasy Taco Pizza
"Love this! Tastes as good as the taco pizza we get at our local restaurant."
"This is fantastic! We were discussing how to use up some leftovers and my hubby found this recipe. We used the refried beans with green chilies in it to give it a bit more kick. Prebaked crust made it extremely easy and added a bit more crunch. It's now on the menu!"
"Loved the warmth from the pizza and the crispness from the lettuce and tomato toppings. A great substitute for taco night!"
"All I can say is WOW or that's what my kids said after making this tonight. We searched the internet for a taco pizza recipe and came across this one. We used Jiffy Pizza Crust Mix and Doritos. I added the Doritos after the pizza came out of the oven. We will definitely make again. One of my daughter's said better than a restaurant."
"My Boyfriend absolutely loved this pizza. If anyone want to add a kick to it try crunching up Doritos instead of regular chips on top. yummy yummy!!!!"
"This is the best taco pizza we have ever eaten! I used precooked taco meat from our local grocery store and omitted the taco seasoning. I used one cup mild cheddar cheese and one cup mozzarella. Yummy!"
"Everyone in my family loved this pizza! We used a Schwans pizza crust & cooked it on the pizza pizzaz. Only thing I did different was used slightly less hamburger and a little less cheese. I made the full amount of sauce and only had to use half so I froze the other half to use on our next pizza. I highly recommend this recipe. It is a new Friday night favorite in our house! :)"
"I omitted the refried bean and salsa because my family does not care for them. I did make sour cream available on the table for those who wanted to dip or spread some on their pizza. It was a hit."
"Taco night or pizza night? Take a stand and have both! We wanted a pizza that reminded us of the pies we used to get at Shakey's in SoCal back in the 70's. This is as good or better. I made this using my homemade taco seasoning, homemade picante sauce for the salsa, omitted the tortilla chips and drizzled homemade taco sauce over everything after garnishing with lettuce and tomato. For the best crust, bring your crust, beans and meat to room temperature before assembling the pie, then bake on LOWER rack for the full time."