Easy Taco Pie
This is a great recipe to serve for a casual meal! Everybody likes the Mexican-style dish, and it is so easy to prepare. —Betty Reuter
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups corn chips, crushed, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the taco seasoning, water and olives. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles and place in a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of pan to form crust; seal perforations. Sprinkle half the corn chips over crust. Spoon beef mixture over chips. Spread sour cream over beef. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese; top with remaining chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Serve topped with lettuce and tomatoes.
Originally published as Taco Pie in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.