Easy Sweet Slaw
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup canned unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 to 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a serving bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, onion, celery and green pepper. Combine the dressing ingredients; pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 251 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 469mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 23, 2016
I made this recipe for the Cook's Corner Pineapple Ingredient Challenge. I served it in fish tacos. It is delicious. I did omit all of the sugar and used red bell pepper and a green jalapeno pepper. It is definitely a keeper recipe.
May 17, 2013
easy and delicious.
Mar 17, 2013
My husband, who claims he doesn't like pineapple, ate almost the whole bowl of this super slaw. It is really that good!
Jan 9, 2011
This easily became my favorite, go-to slaw recipe. The pineapple adds a desirable sweet twist.
Nov 23, 2010
My hustand never liked coleslaw until I made this recipe. Now he can't get enough of it. It is definetly a keeper!!
Jun 8, 2010
I made it for friends in my office and got rave reviews! I found it quite "easy" to prepare! Great flavor and I highly recommend it.
May 5, 2010
I thought this was a tasty change for the traditional coleslaw.