- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes (about 3 potatoes)
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, milk, egg and vanilla. Stir in the sweet potatoes. Pour into pastry shell. For glaze, combine the sugar, flour, butter and milk; drizzle over sweet potato mixture. Garnish with pecans. Cover edges or pastry loosely with foil.
- Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Remove foil; bake 15 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forEasy Sweet Potato Pie
"I created an account just to comment that this is recipe is amazing! Sweet Potato pie is my all time favorite, and I've tried several recipes that have disappointed. None of them were ever this simple and straight forward, or tasty!"
"This is one of the best Sweet Potato pies I have ever eaten. This will be on my menu every holiday and probably when it is not a holiday, I like it that much."