- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold whole milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold thawed puff pastry on cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut pastry into nine squares. Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar and vanilla; set aside. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for two minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set. Stir in whipped topping and until thoroughly blended. Cover and refrigerate.
- To assemble, split puff pastry squares horizontally for a total of 18 squares. Set aside six tops. Place six of the remaining puff pastry pieces on individual serving plates. Spread about 1/4 cup pudding mixture over each pastry square. Top with a spoonful of strawberries and another piece of puff pastry. Spread remaining pudding mixture over pastry pieces. Top with remaining strawberries and reserved pastry tops.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Transfer chocolate to a small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Cut a tiny corner from bag; squeeze chocolate over napoleons. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forEasy Strawberry Napoleons
"This sounds delicious. I have not made it yet, but I would use Fat-free, sugar-free pudding and fat-free topping. This would cut the calories a lot and make it more diet friendly."