"This rich pudding-like dessert is one of my family's absolute favorites," declares Karen Sawatsky of Vineland, Ontario. Fresh strawberries make a pretty topping while convenient saltine crackers form a no-fuss crust.
Recommended: 50 Swoon-Worthy Layered Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 36 saltines
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Place a third of the crackers in an ungreased 8-in. square dish (break crackers to completely cover bottom of dish). Top with a third of the pudding mixture. Repeat the layers twice.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Top with strawberries just before serving. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Originally published as Easy Strawberry Napoleon in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p8
Reviews forEasy Strawberry Napoleon
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2018
"I like to use graham crackers instead of saltines"