Easy Squash Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 package (8 ounces) stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, soup and sour cream. Add the vegetables and gently stir to coat.
- Combine stuffing mix and butter; sprinkle half into a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with vegetable mixture and remaining stuffing mixture. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 349 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 891mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Jun 11, 2012
Jul 14, 2011
After making and serving this at a neighborhood dinner, everyone raved about it and wanted the recipe. It was not only delicious, but so easy to make, utilizing the slow cooker. Easy, and no added heat to the kitchen in the summer.
Jun 16, 2010
We often use this as a holiday side dish. I typically add zucchini as well as the summer squash to add a bit more color. I have also added chicken (chopped, cooked) and baked to deliver as a "new mom" meal.
Oct 18, 2009
Too much to be a healthy side dished. I used a Healthy Request version of soup and low fat sour cream which cuts the calorie and fat counts!
Nov 15, 2008
An ingredient is missing in thisrecipe: 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices.