Easy Spooky Spider Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Orange paste food coloring
- 24 Oreo cookies
- Red or black shoestring licorice
- 48 milk chocolate M&M's
- Prepare and bake cake batter according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, tint frosting orange; set aside 1 tablespoon. Frost cupcakes with remaining frosting. Place one cookie on each cupcake.
- For legs, cut licorice into 2-in. pieces; press eight pieces into each cupcake. Attach two M&M's to each cookie for eyes, using reserved frosting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 232 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 1, 2014
A big hit for my son's school Halloween party! Oreos did not hold up well, they became soggy and gummy - these need to be consumed within 24 hours of making.
Jul 26, 2012
My niece love theses I also crushed up Orero's n made dirt with a gummy worm.
Oct 27, 2011
This was such a fun thing to make! Very easy and the kids (and adults) loved them!!
Oct 29, 2010
Made these for my sons class party. All of the kids loved them! Will definately make again and again.