Easy Spinach Bisque Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup cubed process American cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- Oyster crackers, optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk and water. Add cheese; cook and stir over medium heat until melted. Add spinach; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with oyster crackers if desired. Yield: 5-6 servings.
1 cup: 184 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 488mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Easy Spinach Bisque
"Really good! Made last night for dinner and leftovers for lunch today. I do not care for frozen spinach, so I used 2 cups of finely shredded fresh spinach and it was really good."
"super easy to make"
"I used a bit more butter and not quite as much flour to get a better texture and flavor. The nutmeg is what really sets it off! Yummy!"
"This was fine...your run of the mill cheesy vegetable soup, but it didn't stand out in any way."