For my family, this pie is as essential for Thanksgiving dinner as turkey, dressing and mashed potatoes! I've been told this recipe's been in the family since the 1860's.
Recommended: 30 Dessert Recipes for Raisin Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. In a small bowl, beat eggs on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the sour cream, sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, cloves and salt and mix well. Stir in raisins. Pour into pastry shell.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and remove foil. Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sour Cream Raisin Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p136
Reviews forEasy Sour Cream Raisin Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review