Easy Soft Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, margarine, or light margarine, softened
- 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and 2 cups of the sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and 1 teaspoon of the cardamom; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar and cardamom; dip rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into sugar mixture. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
2 each: 163 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Easy Soft Sugar Cookies
"These were tasty. A picture would have helped. These were soft, but they were pillowy soft and not chewy soft, which is what we were desiring. My husband made these cookies without the cardamom one evening when he wanted cookies. I chose this recipe because it is labeled easy. However, it could use more detailed instructions for beginning bakers. He did not realize the dry ingredients are supposed to be first combined in a separate bowl. They still turned out pretty well."
"Extreamly Great recipe!!! it would be a 5 star if the preptime was quicker...it says 15 mins but it took me about 30-45 mins to get it all layed out and preped, then another 10-20 to mix and lay in baking sheets. But i will say this is by far one of the best cookie recipes i have made. thank you so much for taking the time to put this recipe on "Taste of Home". :-)"
"These are very good with a cup of chai tea."