- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine soup, milk, sour cream, butter and seasonings; cook and stir over medium-low heat until blended. Stir in cheeses until melted.
- Drain macaroni; transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in cheese mixture. Cook, covered, on low 1-2 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forEasy Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese
"I make this all of the time for a large group get together, summer pot lucks with kids. I do omit the onion powder and add a dash of nutmeg instead. I have used a combination of cheeses, i.e. cheddar, Swiss. Italian blend. It always turns out great. easy to make a double batch in a 6 qt. slow cooker. Just don't over cook in the crockpot, or the pasta will get mushy. I usually turn it off low after an hour and leave it on warm."
"Fantastic, one of the best Mac n Cheese recipes out there. I use any 3 cheeses that I have around and it's still amazing. Only thing I add for personal preference is mustard powder."
"I have made this twice & it's definitely a crowd pleaser! I double the recipe & mix the milk, sour cream, & cheeses in the crock pot to allow cheese to melt instead of using a pan. Easier & less clean up"
"Cheesy, Creamy, Endulgent!"
"Absolutely loved it!!! This is a keeper, only thing I changed was to add some ground mustard. Thanks for sharing!!"
"Delicious and a big hit at our potluck party! I will definitely make it again."
"I made this for my daughter's university graduation celebration yesterday. This was EXCELLENT and so easy to make. I followed the directions exactly as written. This is a keeper. Comfort food at it's best. Thanks for sharing!"
"I agree with bearikins & also withtexan 11"
"Once again I will never know since none of Campbell's soups are gluten free and the recipe gives no alternative."
"Shredded cheese 1 cup is 4oz. It is not 8oz. Note her recipe "As SHREDDED"."