- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt added tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the next nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4 hours. Garnish individual servings with cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forEasy Slow Cooker Chili
"My husband is a picky eater and he loved this chili. I followed the recipe to the "T" except I used 96% instead of 90% meat. My husband is looking forward to leftovers. Only thing for us was it was a little thick. Next time I will add an additional can of tomato sauce and small can of tomatoes. Other than that, it was great. I liked the fact this recipe reduced the sodium content."
"Made this for dinner yesterday. Changed only a few things - one pound of ground turkey instead of two pounds of ground beef, red bell pepper instead of green, one can of black beans to replace one can of kidney beans, and added three garden fresh jalapenos (minus seeds!). We enjoyed it well enough, but thought it was definitely lacking something. . . husband thought it was salt, daughter found it a bit thin for her liking. All in all, a good recipe with some tweaking needed."