- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh marjoram or 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, brown sugar and seasonings; mix well. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until bubbly. Discard bay leaf. Serve over spaghetti. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forEasy Slow-Cooked Spaghetti Sauce
"Way too thick. Not awful, but not a hit in my house."
"Not enough liquid to support that much tomato paste- the sauce set up like paste. The flavors were fine, but I did have to thin the sauce with with quite a bit more broth."
"I have been using this receipe since it appeared in Taste of Home in 2003. I'm always asked for the receipe as everyone loves it."
"I have used this recipe many times when we have company!!! A BIG HIT!!! Any leftover sauce also freezes well! I add a pound of ground mild italian sausage as well...LOVE IT! Inese"
"Oh, yeah this is awesome! a nicely balanced sauce thick and tasty!"
"Can this be frozen ? Laurie J. of Orangeville, UT"