Easy Slice and Bake Cookies
These treats are larger than most slice-and-bake cookies, which I find to be quite nice. The great thing about these cookies is that you can slice however many you want at a time and enjoy them all warm from the oven. —Heather Chambers, Largo, Florida
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups white baking chips
- Cream butter, Nutella and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chips.
- Divide dough in half. Roughly shape each portion into a 12-in. roll along the edge of a 12x12-in. sheet of waxed paper. Tightly roll waxed paper over dough, using the waxed paper to mold the dough into a smooth roll. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 123 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Easy Slice-and-Bake Cookies in Ultimate Cookie Swap Bookazine 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.