Easy Sirloin Caesar Salad
A tangy sauce that combines bottled salad dressing, lemon juice and Dijon mustard flavors this filling main-dish salad. You save on cleanup time because both the steak and bread are cooked on the grill.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 6 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 12 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk the salad dressing, mustard and lemon juice; set aside 3/4 cup. Pour 3/4 cup dressing mixture in a shallow dish; add steak and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing mixture.
- Brush both sides of bread with 1/4 cup of the reserved dressing mixture. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill bread, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Wrap in foil and set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Place romaine and tomato on a serving platter. Slice steak diagonally; arrange over salad. Serve with toasted bread and remaining dressing.