Easy Sirloin Caesar Salad
A tangy sauce that combines bottled salad dressing, lemon juice and Dijon mustard flavors this filling main-dish salad. You save on cleanup time because both the steak and bread are cooked on the grill.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 6 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 12 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk the salad dressing, mustard and lemon juice; set aside 3/4 cup. Pour 3/4 cup dressing mixture in a shallow dish; add steak and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing mixture.
- Brush both sides of bread with 1/4 cup of the reserved dressing mixture. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill bread, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Wrap in foil and set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Place romaine and tomato on a serving platter. Slice steak diagonally; arrange over salad. Serve with toasted bread and remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 424 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 836mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Sirloin Caesar Salad in The Taste of Home Cookbook 1st edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.