- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash seafood seasoning, optional
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, onions, water, salt and seafood seasoning if desired; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the milk, evaporated milk and cheese; heat until cheese is melted. Add the shrimp, butter and parsley; heat through.
1 cup: 268 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 947mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.