Easy Shrimp Chowder
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash seafood seasoning, optional
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, onions, water, salt and seafood seasoning if desired; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the milk, evaporated milk and cheese; heat until cheese is melted. Add the shrimp, butter and parsley; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 268 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 947mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 30, 2012
The recipe was a little thin and it needed more flavor. I would add more garlic the next time I make it. With a few tweaks it's a great recipe
Apr 12, 2011
Very good soup, except I did change a few things. I added celery with the potatoes and onions, did not use the seafood seasoning. Instead of velveeta, I used 4 ounces of lite cream cheese. I also added some dillweed, red pepper flakes and black pepper for spice. I also added a fresh chopped tomato and about a cup of fresh sliced spinach. I also used a little corn starch and water to thicken it up, a little too loose for a chowder.