“My love for Chinese cooking sparked this easy, healthy side dish. I use just-picked beans from our garden. It’s great with grilled chicken or pork.” —Debra Broeker, Rocky Mount, Missouri
Recommended: 62 Christmas Potluck Sides for 12 or More
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, saute beans and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in soy sauce and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Green Beans in Taste of Home April/May 2010, p66
Reviews forEasy Sesame Green Beans
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2010
"easy to make with a nice flavor."
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2010
"These were great! I have made them a couple times now. I love this recipe!"