- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of shrimp soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Reduce heat. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until melted and smooth. Stir in the cottage cheese, egg, basil, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the soups, wine or broth, milk, crab and shrimp.
- Arrange three noodles in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread with a third of cottage cheese mixture and a third of the seafood mixture. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with the Monterey Jack cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and lasagna is bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forEasy Seafood Lasagna
"This lasagna was good! I doubled the amount of lasagna noodles that I used because I like pasta (I do that with all lasagna recipes) and used a chardonay for the white wine. I loved the taste that the wine added but if I were making this recipe for kids, I would recommend using half wine and half chicken broth to tone it down a bit. My husband really enjoyed it which was a surprise since seafood isn't always his favorite. I seperated mine into a couple dishes so that I could freeze some for later; hopefully that will reheat well. I will definitely make this again although I would not hesitate to use ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese to see how that tastes."
"This recipe is to die for! I have made it twice now and family and friends loved it too! The second time I made it, I added a small frozen package of lobster meat and scallops along with the shrimp and crab meat and it was even more delicous!"