Easy Scalloped Corn Casserole
"This is my family's all-time favorite corn dish. The buttery cornflake topping and chopped green peppers inside give it a different twist," writes Nancy McDonald from Burns, Wyoming. "It is always a success at potluck dinners. Plus, it's special enough to plan into a holiday meal or buffet."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash white pepper
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, paprika, mustard and pepper. Stir in milk until smooth. Add mixture to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in corn and egg substitute.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and center is almost set. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 157 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.