Easy Sauteed Spinach for Two
Here’s a light, lively side to complement almost any entree you put on the table. A little test kitchen know-how helps to dress up everyday spinach with garlic, onion, a lick of sherry and a sprinkling of pine nuts. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pine nuts
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spinach, sherry, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 48 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Easy Sauteed Spinach in Healthy Cooking October/November 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.