Easy Sausage Skillet Supper
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound smoked sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, combine the sausage, rice, soup, water and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in peas and mushrooms. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 653 calories, 45g fat (18g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 1978mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein.
Aug 19, 2014
This is good and simple. Nothing fancy. My daughter is picky I was hoping she would like this since she helped me cook it but she only wanted the rice. I on the other hand really enjoyed it. It's very filing I used half a can of cream of mushroom in addition to the cream of celery. Omitted it extra mushrooms and frozen peas. I opted instead for a cup of frozen stir fry veggies, since that's what I had on hand. Just added a little salt and pepper. Good stuff I'd make it again.
Apr 4, 2012
I first made this recipe years ago when I saw it in the magazine. It's so tasty it's hard to eat more than one should. Great way to use that extra link of smoked sausage or jazz up rice.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.