My parents love ordering biscuits and sausage gravy at restaurants. One day when they visited us, I offered them my version. They said mine couldn't be beat!
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1/2 pound bulk sage sausage
- 3/4 to 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 5 cups milk
- Warm baking powder biscuits
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook all of the sausage until no longer pink; drain. Stir in flour and bouillon. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over biscuits. Yield: 8-10 servings (6 cups).
Originally published as Sausage Gravy in Country Pork 1996, p45
Reviews for Easy Sausage Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2015
"Excellent and easy . Added black pepper to taste."