My parents love ordering biscuits and sausage gravy at restaurants. One day when they visited us, I offered them my version. They said mine couldn't be beat!
Recommended: 60 Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1/2 pound bulk sage sausage
- 3/4 to 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 5 cups milk
- Warm baking powder biscuits
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook all of the sausage until no longer pink; drain. Stir in flour and bouillon. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over biscuits. Yield: 8-10 servings (6 cups).
Originally published as Sausage Gravy in Country Pork 1996, p45
Reviews forEasy Sausage Gravy
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2015
"Delicious! Needed seasoning so I added pepper and garlic."
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2015
"Excellent and easy . Added black pepper to taste."