Easy Sausage Corn Chowder
This hearty soup is a meal in itself when served with a salad and bread. For a spicier flavor, I sometimes substitute Mexicorn for the whole kernel corn.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes6-8 serving (2 quarts)
- 2 packages (7 ounces each) pork or turkey breakfast sausage
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Crumble sausage into a large saucepan; brown over medium heat. Drain. Add the soup, milk, corn, green onions and hot pepper sauce. Cook until corn is tender. Reduce heat to low; add cheese and heat until melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 217 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Sausage Corn Chowder in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.