THIS IS an old recipe that has been passed down in our family through my sister-in-law. When I was a child, she did most of the cooking in our house, and this was my favorite meal. The variety of vegetables makes this an attractive dish, and the cooking time is minimal. —Ruby Williams Bogalusa, Louisiana
Recommended: 65 One-Dish Dinners That Make Cleanup a Breeze
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage links
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup cubed yellow summer squash (3/4-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat in oil until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Cut into 1/2 inch slices. Add the sausage, squash and onions to the skillet; cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sausage and Vegetable Skillet in Reminisce Extra August 1995, p47
Reviews forEasy Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2013
"I thought this was ok. I got almost done with cooking it and realized it needed to be on a bed of rice or something so I did the rice last minute. Not bad though."