Easy Sauerkraut Salad
—Diane Hays, Morris, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Pour sugar over and mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 101 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Easy Sauerkraut Salad in Country Woman September/October 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.