Easy Salmon Chowder
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 cups water
- 6 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked salmon
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the potatoes, vegetables, onion, celery seed and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the tomatoes; simmer 5 minutes longer.
- In ;large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add to the vegetable mixture with salmon; heat through.
Nov 3, 2013
Easy, healthy, delicioso, and perfect on a cold winters day.
Jan 21, 2008
Oh, I forgot....we don't put the tomatoes in the recipe. We like it better that way.
Jan 21, 2008
This was pretty good and easy to prepare. I've used the same recipe for trout and whatever fish I have on hand. Smoked trout and tuna was great!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.