- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 cups water
- 6 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked salmon
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the potatoes, vegetables, onion, celery seed and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the tomatoes; simmer 5 minutes longer.
- In saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add to the vegetable mixture with salmon; heat through. Yield: 8 servings
Reviews forEasy Salmon Chowder
"Oh, I forgot....we don't put the tomatoes in the recipe. We like it better that way."
"This was pretty good and easy to prepare. I've used the same recipe for trout and whatever fish I have on hand. Smoked trout and tuna was great!"