- 3 cups uncooked medium tube pasta or elbow macaroni
- 1/2 pound bulk hard salami or summer sausage, cubed
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add salami, parsley and onions. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar and seasonings. Drizzle over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, stir in Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forEasy Salami Pasta Salad
"Wonderful light salad. Dressing completely absorbed after refrigeration. Family loved it."
"My family loves this salad and I'm always asked to share the recipe. It makes a nice light lunch to bring to work too."
"The correct amount of vinegar is 1/4 cup, as now stated in the recipe here. We apologize for any confusion.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"One thing though...in the original recipe in the taste of home cookbook 2001 it calls for 1/4 cup vinegar. 1/2 would be too much."
"This is delicious! Everyone compliments me on this dish when I make it and I make it often for family and friend get togethers."