Easy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2-1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic bulb (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off bulb; brush with oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Place 1 cup broth in a blender. Squeeze softened garlic into blender; cover and process until blended. Drain potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add the butter, pepper, salt, garlic mixture and remaining broth; beat until smooth.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 147 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Oct 10, 2017
Too watery. The chicken broth does not add much flavor. I think mashed potatoes are better with milk. All you could taste was the garlic. I don't even want to save the leftovers--we'll just toss them in the garbage. Waste of good potatoes.
Apr 13, 2012
too watery - wasn't visually appealing
Dec 12, 2010
Excellent texture and very tasty. I made with 5lbs of potatoes, halved the broth and left the other ingredients the same. Delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.