Easy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2-1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic bulb (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off bulb; brush with oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Place 1 cup broth in a blender. Squeeze softened garlic into blender; cover and process until blended. Drain potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add the butter, pepper, salt, garlic mixture and remaining broth; beat until smooth.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 147 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Oct 10, 2017
Too watery. The chicken broth does not add much flavor. I think mashed potatoes are better with milk. All you could taste was the garlic. I don't even want to save the leftovers--we'll just toss them in the garbage. Waste of good potatoes.
Apr 13, 2012
too watery - wasn't visually appealing
Dec 12, 2010
Excellent texture and very tasty. I made with 5lbs of potatoes, halved the broth and left the other ingredients the same. Delicious!