Easy Raspberry Muffins
—Dawn Wright, Moline, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk blend powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Combine egg, milk, oil and lemon juice; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raspberries and nuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 400° until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean, 18-20 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Editor's Note: 1 cup buttermilk can be substituted for the buttermilk blend powder; omit the 1 cup of milk.