- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie shell (9 inches)
- Additional pie pastry, optional
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the first 10 ingredients until smooth; pour into pastry shell. Cover edge loosely with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.
- If decorative cutouts are desired, roll additional pastry to 1/8-in. thickness; cut out with 1-in. to 1-1/2-in. leaf-shaped cookie cutters. With a sharp knife, score leaf veins on cutouts.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Arrange around edge of pie. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forEasy Pumpkin Pie
"Texture was perfect! I've been making pumpkin pies for 40 years and this one had the absolute best texture ever. It wasn't runny and cooked in the exact time it was supposed to. I used a whole 15 oz. can of pumpkin and 12 oz. can of evaporated milk and doubled everything else except the cinnamon. This made 2 deep-dish pies instead of one, and nothing was wasted. I didn't care too much for the maple flavoring, though -- I guess I prefer the traditional spices."
"While the recipe was very good as written, I've made some changes to get perfect for us: replaced maple syrup with molasses, decreased cinnamon to 1/2 tsp, and eliminated the maple flavoring."
"This recipe was a good one! I gave it a 4 star because it was a good base (starter) pie. Next time I make it I wont be using ANY of the maple ingredients as it was too strong a flavor for my tastes. Also, all that liquid left the pie runny and I had to leave it in the oven for 40 minutes longer (90 minutes total). Not that it was a big deal, just unexpected.. But other than that, I recommend giving it a shot!"
"Yummy! I omitted the maple flavoring and it still tasted great."
"easy & delicious"