- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 can (16 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- In a mixing bowl, dream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in pumpkin. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until bread tests done. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews forEasy Pumpkin Bread
"Very, very good. I cut the nutmeg to 1 tsp and added a slight amount of ginger. I also cut the sugar down to 2 cups and added chopped pecans. This bread is delicious. I will definitely make this again."
"Use this all the time, the kids love it."
"This is the BEST pumpkin bread I have ever made! Moist, sweet, yummy! I'm definitely going to make this many more times!"
"I've made this several times now and it's an awesome recipe. I used it through the holiday season for friends, family and church. Thanks for submitting this recipe :)"