- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained or 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- BISCUIT TOPPING:
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a saucepan, combine chicken, vegetables, soup, onion and flour. Stir in the broth, rosemary and pepper; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Boil for 1 minute. Pour into an ungreased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- For topping, combine the flour and pepper in a bowl. Stir in buttermilk and butter just until moistened. Spoon over chicken mixture. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forEasy Potpie
"I, pretty much, followed the info from the first review, but used a can of mixed veggies, which had carrots, potatoes, peas, and green beans. My family loved it! Even my, picky, two yr. old ate with out caution!"
"Deliciously easy! I make this once a month now. My whole family loves it. I use a whole rotisserie chicken cut up instead of cooking chicken separately. I also use cream of chicken soup instead of celery and 1 can of peas and carrots instead of mixed veggies. The rosemary must be crushed and adds the best flavor. I don't usually rate recipes but I took time to rate this one so that people would want to make it. Make it - you won't regret it!"