Easy Pork Fried Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked pork
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup canned bean sprouts
- 2 cups cold cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Dash pepper
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat; add egg. As egg sets, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When egg is completely cooked, remove to a plate and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry the pork, onion and bean sprouts for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add rice and broth; cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Chop egg into small pieces; add to rice mixture. Stir in the soy sauce, green onion, sugar and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 433 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 154mg cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Dec 19, 2013
This is a pretty good recipe. I think I need a little more flavor in mine.
Apr 29, 2011
We like this, but I like to stir-fry strips of the leftover pork in a bit of BBQ sauce first, then I add about 1 c. of cooked rice for however many servings I need.
Apr 15, 2011
its a pretty good recipe but i added peas and carrots and had to multiply the whole thing by five to feed my large family
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.