Friends prepared the food, including these simple yet delicious baked beans, when our daughter, Briana, married Jerad Van Der Zwaag. Chili powder enhances canned beans for a rich crowd-pleasing dish.
Recommended: 30 Pork Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (55 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Easy Pork N Beans in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p35