Easy Pie Crust Recipe
- INGREDIENTS FOR SINGLE-CRUST PIE
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- INGREDIENTS FOR DOUBLE-CRUST PIE
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 5 to 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour and salt; cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle with vinegar. Gradually add the milk, tossing with a fork until a ball is formed. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 2. For a single crust, roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to fit a 9-in. or 10-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Fill or bake shell according to recipe directions.
- 3. For a double crust, divide pastry in two portions so that one ball is slightly larger than the other. Roll out larger ball on a lightly floured surface to fit a 9-in. or 10-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry even with edge of plate. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake according to recipe directions. Yield: pastry for a single- or double-crust pie (9 or 10 inches).
1 each: 132 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Easy Pie Crust
"So easy and tasty!!"
"I baked the double crust today. For my taste, it needed a little extra shortening. Good all the same. Also, I added 1 tablespoon of sugar."
"The easiest pie crust ever"