- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil; grease foil.
- Reserve 2/3 cup cake mix; set aside. Combine remaining cake mix, butter and 1 egg; beat on low speed until blended. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, beat corn syrup, brown sugar, vanilla and reserved cake mix until blended. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over warm crust; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake until center is set, 25-30 minutes longer. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. To serve, refrigerate at least 15 minutes. Lift out of pan; discard foil, then cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forEasy Pecan Pie Bars
"These were easy to make and disappeared fast! The buttery crust was a hit!"
"Delicious! And SOOOOooooo easy to make. I made them for a party and everyone loved them. They have become my new go-to recipe - especially when I'm in a hurry, which is most of the time..."