I am always searching for fast and easy recipes to take to the teachers' lounge. The staff goes nuts for these shortcut pecan pie bars. —Kathro Yoder, Defiance, Ohio
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil; grease foil.
- Reserve 2/3 cup cake mix; set aside. Combine remaining cake mix, butter and 1 egg; beat on low speed until blended. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, beat corn syrup, brown sugar, vanilla and reserved cake mix until blended. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over warm crust; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake until center is set, 25-30 minutes longer. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. To serve, refrigerate at least 15 minutes. Lift out of pan; discard foil, then cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Easy Pecan Pie Bars in Taste of Home September/October 2017