Easy Peanut Butter Truffles
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped honey-roasted peanuts or miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil; grease foil with 1 teaspoon butter.
- In a small saucepan, combine honey and remaining butter over medium heat; cook and stir until blended. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Remove from heat; whisk in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until firm.
- Place peanuts in a shallow bowl. Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Remove foil; cut candy into 64 squares. Shape squares into balls; roll in peanuts. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 truffle: 87 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 28, 2016
Just 'ok' for us.
Dec 16, 2014
These are so tasty! My aunt made them rolled in peanuts, mini chocolate chips and she even left a few plain for me. They were all fabulous. I also thought they might be yummy rolled in toasted coconut!
Oct 22, 2014
Sounds fantastic! Can they be frozen?
Feb 16, 2014
I made this recipe "again" for my hubby's birthday/Valentines Day and shared them between his office and mine. A huge hit and no leftovers. An hour seems to be sufficient for cooling and setup time. The next time I make these, I will try rolling them in toasted coconut.
Jan 27, 2014
I made these for a youth group meeting, and they were a hit! They were all gone, to the disappointment of those waiting at home for some . ;) I didn't change a thing, except I didn't leave the balls in for two hours- I didn't have that much time, but they were fine even after just an hour and a half in the fridge!