Easy Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
This rich, old-fashioned dessert was an immediate hit with three girlfriends I used to live with. Now my husband and I run a small church camp and our two boys consume a lot of our time and energy—as well as my peanut butter pie!
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 pie shell (9 inches), baked
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Place confectioners' sugar in a bowl. Cut in the peanut butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Spread half of mixture in pie shell. In the top of a double boiler, beat egg yolks. In another bowl, combine cornstarch, sugar and salt; add milk and mix well. Pour over egg yolks; cook until mixture thickens. Add butter and vanilla; cook and stir until butter melts. Pour into pie shell. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Spread evenly over filling. Sprinkle remaining peanut butter mixture on top. Bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 piece: 365 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Easy Peanut Butter Pie
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC