VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves in syrup
- 2 individual round sponge cakes
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon raspberry or strawberry jam
- 2 teaspoons chopped nuts, optional
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup. Set aside two peaches and 1 tablespoon syrup (refrigerate remaining peaches and syrup for another use).
- Place each sponge cake on a plate; drizzle with reserved syrup. Top with ice cream and a peach half.
- In a small saucepan, heat jam until melted; drizzle over peaches. Top with nuts if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Peach Melba Dessert in Reminisce March/April 1999, p49