- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add cream and nutmeg; heat through but do not boil. Stir in Parmesan cheese until melted. Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the cheese sauce and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forEasy Pasta Alfredo
"I have made this recipe twice in a week. My family cannot get enough of it!"
"I've tried several alfredo recipes but this was the easiest and best after some simple modifications. We doubled the recipe but used half milk and half heavy cream. Then we added some fried garlic. Fabulous!"
"I don't make this with the tortellini, I use thin spaghetti instead. I also omit the nutmeg and add some minced garlic. But this is SUCH an easy recipe to make and quite delicious. This is second time I made it and it's one I'll be making again and again."