This pretty bruschetta packs plenty of fresh flavor and gets a hint of heat from jalapeno pepper. It’s perfect for a casual buffet table when tomatoes are at their summer best. Del Mason of Martensville, Saskatchewan shares the recipe.
Recommended: 21 Appetizer Recipes for Your Holiday Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 2/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the oil, vinegars and pepper sauce; stir into tomato mixture.
- Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. With a slotted spoon, top each slice with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Easy Party Bruschetta in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p31
Reviews forEasy Party Bruschetta
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2009
"This is a great easy dish. We love it and have it often. Needed to come on line as I misplaced my copy from TofH holiday potlucks and barbecues."