Easy Party Bruschetta
This pretty bruschetta packs plenty of fresh flavor and gets a hint of heat from jalapeno pepper. It’s perfect for a casual buffet table when tomatoes are at their summer best. Del Mason of Martensville, Saskatchewan shares the recipe.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 2/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the oil, vinegars and pepper sauce; stir into tomato mixture.
- Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. With a slotted spoon, top each slice with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 34 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.