Easy Oven Patties
In this recipe from my mother-in-law, the toppings are baked along with the hamburger patties. It's so easy even I can make it! - Dave Almquist, Petersburg, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 6 slices onion
- 6 slices process American cheese
- 3/4 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties. Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Spread mustard over each patty. Top with onion and cheese. Pour soup over all. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns.
You won't use an entire can of tomato soup in Easy Oven Patties. So freeze the little bit that's left over and add it to the pot next time you make vegetable soup or spaghetti sauce.
Originally published as Easy Oven Patties in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book