- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef cubes, a few at a time, and shake to coat. In a Dutch oven, brown meat in oil. Add the soup, water, onion and basil; mix well. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Add potatoes and carrots. Bake 1 hour longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Reviews forEasy Oven Beef Stew
"This is our favorite beef stew, and it is so simple too."
"I like this recipe because it makes just the right amount for my husband and me. It's not only good, it's easy. My husband often makes it on his fishing/camping trips in our camper trailer. At home I often add sliced celery and whatever other vegetables, besides potatoes and carrots, that I have on hand."